I'm almost there!
I finished the quilting a few days ago and finally got around to taking some pictures. I quilted on each side of the zig-zags using my walking foot for the first time. I found out that my walking foot is nearly as exhausting to use as free-motion quilting. The weight of the quilt caused it to move extremely slow (and therefore stitch tiny stitches) unless I helped it along. Other than that, it worked perfectly.
I used the leftover pieces from the fat quarters to put some color in the backing this time in a coin quilt-ish pattern. I love that you can still see the zig-zag pattern from the back due to the quilting. Hopefully I will find some time this week to make and attach the binding!
Small but good week at CVS. I bought:
- 6 Puffs tissues, $0.99 each with two $0.25 off 3 newspaper coupons = $5.50
- 1 Rice Krispies, $4.49 with free item Vocalpoint coupon = free
- 1 Glade candle, $6.99 with one $3 newspaper coupon and $6.99 ECBs = profit of $3
- 1 CVS brand hand soap, $1.69 with free item CVS coupon = free
- 2 newspapers
- 1 $4 off a $20 purchase CVS pharmacy coupon
Net cost: $1.89. Not bad at all, considering we were almost out of tissues. It's rare to get free candles, and this one is HUGE and smells really yummy (currants & acai). Next weekend is a holiday weekend, so hopefully it means big sales!
YTD OOP: $245.89
YTD Savings: $2744.47
YTD eBay Sales: $111.79Want to see more CVS savings? Visit the "Cents"ible Sawyer's CVS Superstars!
I have known for a while that my free sewing patterns list was getting out of hand. There are just too many good tutorials out there! I sat down today and did a little reorganizing to the list. The main change I made was to split up each category into separate pages so that you don't have to scroll forever to get to the end. The updated list is on the left sidebar (or you can find it here
). Let me know what you think! Also, if there is anything you want to see more of, let me know. So far I've just been putting up things that I want to sew, so I'm probably missing a lot of good stuff!
Want $5 worth of MP3s for free? Go here
to order a free game from amazon.com (you don't actually have to download it), and once your free order is processed, you'll get an email with instructions for how to redeem your $5 music credit. Thanks, Money Saving Mom
to get a free three year subscription to Town & Country magazine. Thanks, Coupon Cravings
Lots of good stuff this week! I bought:
- 4 12-packs of Dr. Pepper, $12 with $3 ECBs = $9
- 4 Carefree Pantiliners, $3.79 each with four $1 magazine coupons and $3.79 ECBs each = profit of $4
- 3 Aveeno shampoo/conditioners, $6 each, and 1 Aveeno face wash, $7, with two $2 internet coupons, one $1.50 All You magazine coupon, two $1 CVS CRT coupons, and $10 ECBs for buying $25 in Aveeno = $7.50
- 2 Poise liners, $2 each, with two $2 internet coupons and $1 ECBs = profit of $1
- 3 Excedrin migraine 24-ct, $5.29 each with two $1 newspaper coupons, one $1 internet coupon, one $1 CVS CRT coupon, one $3 off a $15 FHA purchase CVS CRT coupon, and $3 ECBs each = free
- 3 Glade Lasting Impressions, $5 each, with three $3 newspaper coupons, 1 Glade Sense & Spray, $5, with one $4 newspaper coupon, and 4 Glade Scented Oil Refills, $2.50 each, with two $1 newspaper coupons, with $9 ECBs for buying $30 in Glade products = $6
- 2 Composition notebooks, $0.99 each with $0.99 ECBs each = free
- 2 newspapers
- Two $6 off a $36 purchase CVS CRT coupons and one $4 off a $20 purchase pharmacy coupon
Net cost: $5.44. My OOP was less than $4 since I split this up into three purchases due to the $/$$ coupons. Boy, this is fun. I hope next week is just as good. :)
YTD OOP: $244.97
YTD Savings: $2593.73
YTD eBay sales: $111.79
Join the Chicken Wave
to get a coupon for a free Chick-fil-a sandwich mailed to you (first 250,000 people). Thanks, Coupon Cravings
Sign up here
for emails from Halls, and I've read that you'll get a survey emailed to you (I haven't gotten my survey yet). Once you fill out the survey, you'll recieve a coupon for a free bag of Halls cough drops. With the change in weather coming up in the next few months, these could be very useful! Thanks, Money Saving Mom
Tomorrow, Saturday, August 22nd, Old Navy will have their basic and v-neck tees on sale for $3. They will probably be limit 5 like last week, and I would show up early if you want the best selection! Happy shopping!
Last week I decided to make a yummy side dish to go with some hamburgers, and I found Barbecue-Flavored Onion Rings
in my binder of untried recipes. The combination of spices wasn't my favorite, but I really like the idea of baking onion rings at home. Maybe I can figure out how to get them to taste closer to the typical onion ring flavor (Sonic, anyone?), and then they'll be perfect. (Hubby loved them as is.) The batter sticked much better than I expected, also. All in all, I thought this was a great idea!