I'm making some progress on my QuiltCon to-do list!
Next up on my list was a wallet. I started with an Amy Butler checkbook clutch, but that didn't end up working so well. I decided to jump ship and start over with a new pattern. I followed hey porkchop's lead this time and made a Have It All Wallet.
It definitely was as easy as she said, and it came together quite quickly. The only real difficulty I had was in putting the snap on at the end. The top of the snap wasn't hard, but the bottom half was only supposed to be attached to the outer fabric, which started to stretch out my fabric in that area when I unsnapped the wallet a few times. I ended up stitching that part of the snap down to the interfacing. Next time, I'll attach the snap ahead of time, to more than one layer, and probably add extra interfacing to that area as well.
I knew I needed something to carry my tools around for QuiltCon, so I picked out this boxy bag pattern to do the trick. I especially liked that it opens all the way up, which is good for being able to dig around in; it's also very roomy! I think the gussets are my favorite part. So fancy! Haha!