In the midst of moving, I haven’t had a lot of time for sewing, but I’m finally starting to get back into the swing of things. I managed to get my sewing stuff unpacked just in time to sew up my do. Good Stitches block for July and get it in the mail without being late. This month’s assignment was a fun star in black, grey, white, and a teal center. It was surprisingly easy to put together – I expected much more work than was actually required, which was a nice surprise.
I’ve started making some progress on my Marcelle Medallion quilt as well. I added the first border, and I’ve started cutting out a million equilateral triangles for the next border. The cutting is a bit time-consuming as (a) it uses a template, and (b) I’m making it scrappy, so I have to cut out a few from every single print I’ve pulled out for this quilt. Thank goodness for Hulu for keeping me entertained while I cut!